Pastor Andrew Brunson is free!
A Turkish court today convicted him on terrorism charges related to the July 2016 attempted coup against President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. The court sentenced Brunson to an additional year in prison, then ordered him released for good behavior and time served.
At his hearing today, Pastor Brunson declared, "I am an innocent man. I love Jesus. I love Turkey." Sadly, his decades of missionary work there have come to an end.
Soon after leaving the court, Pastor Brunson returned to his home. He is expected to fly this evening to Germany for a medical evaluation and will hopefully return to the United States sometime this weekend.
Kanye vs. Kaepernick
As I noted in yesterday's report, rapper Kanye West had lunch with President Trump yesterday. The reaction of the media and cultural left has been completely unhinged.
They are attacking West with blatantly racist language. They are suggesting that West is mentally disturbed and that Trump is exploiting him. Of course, the left thinks Trump is mentally unfit too, and that anyone who agrees with him is crazy.
But Kanye made a lot of good points yesterday. For example, he talked about the urgent need to create jobs in minority communities, saying:
"We have to bring jobs into America because our best export is entertainment and ideas. . . but when we make everything in China and not in America, then we're cheating on our country, and we're putting people in positions to have to do illegal things to end up in the cheapest factory ever — the prison system."
West also said that when he wears his "Make America Great Again" hat, he feels like "Superman." That's about as far from Colin Kaepernick as you can get!
By the way, while West was at the White House, Kaepernick was at Harvard University being feted by our liberal elites who love his anti-cop, anti-flag message. The university was giving Kaepernick its W.E.B. Du Bois Medal. Du Bois was a founder of the NAACP and an ardent socialist.
So there is a great debate now raging within the black community: Are you a Kaepernick anti-American, anti-police socialist or are you a Kanye pro-American, pro-jobs capitalist?
The fact that such a debate between two competing visions is taking place within the black community explains why left-wing commentators are going insane. They are attacking West the same way they attacked Clarence Thomas.
By the way, these attacks against West are coming from people who don't believe in God, who think raising taxes is good for the economy, who say securing the border is racist and that unborn babies are not people. Now that is nuts!
Do you remember the name Kermit Gosnell? He's the Philadelphia abortionist who became a symbol of America's abortion industry when it was discovered that he had killed several women and hundreds of babies.
Gosnell preyed on minority women and their children. He even kept specimens of his unborn victims in jars as trophies. Gosnell is now serving a life sentence for his crimes.
A new film about the case called "Gosnell: The Trial of America's Biggest Serial Killer," debuts today. The film stars Dean Cain as the detective who put Gosnell behind bars.
"Gosnell" isn't just the tale of a rogue abortionist and his horrific crimes. It focuses on our legal and political systems and media that looked the other way as women were maimed and babies were slaughtered in some of the most gruesome ways imaginable.
The film faced many roadblocks because it exposes the ugly side of the abortion industry for what it is: a money-making enterprise that leaves dead babies and shattered families in its wake.
While Gosnell's crimes were gruesome, the film carries a PG-13 rating. I strongly encourage you to check it out.
- The Kavanaugh controversy continues. Nancy Pelosi is questioning the validity of the FBI's seventh and final investigation -- you know, the one Senate Democrats demanded -- into Kavanaugh's background.
- By the way, a group of witches is planning to "hex" Kavanaugh.
- Senate Republicans clinched a deal to secure the confirmation of another 15 Trump judges. And progressives are fuming.
- President Trump isn't slowing down. He just sent another 13 judicial nominations to the Senate.
- The Trump tax cuts are working and Americans are going back to work. The economy has created more than 1.8 million new jobs since the 2017 tax reform law was passed. By the way, tax receipts are at a record high. So the Trump tax cuts are clearly not causing the deficit to explode.
- Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson is suddenly refusing to talk to congressional investigators. In spite of having already testified before two committees, Simpson is now pleading the Fifth. It seems he doesn't want to answer any questions about Bruce Ohr's testimony, which contradicted Simpson's previous sworn statements.
Are You Registered?
Believe it or not, early voting for the 2018 mid-term elections is already taking place in several states. Early voting began this week in Arizona, California, Indiana, Iowa, Montana, Nebraska and Ohio.
But you can't vote unless you are registered. And voter registration deadlines are approaching fast. Click here to see a list of states where you can still register.
Please make sure you and all of your friends and family members are registered to vote.