About That Ceasefire
Yesterday a ceasefire was announced between the nation of Israel and the terrorist group Hamas. That's good news. So, what about President Biden's role in all of this?
First, he had absolutely nothing to do with the ceasefire, in spite of his efforts to act like he brokered it. He did not.
In fact, a strong case can be made that while the terrorist group Hamas is responsible for the violence, Biden's weakness triggered the conflict. He did so by repeatedly signaling that he wasn't going to stand with Israel as strongly as President Trump did.
- Trump cut off funds to the Palestinian Authority because it was promoting terrorism and anti-Semitism. Biden gave the Palestinian Authority $235 million with no strings attached.
- Trump named his ambassador to Israel a month before he took office. Biden still has not named an ambassador. Israel's enemies see that as a sign that our alliance with Israel isn't that important to Biden.
- Trump brokered peace treaties (the Abraham Accords) between Israel and five Arab nations. The Biden White House mocked those peace treaties, claiming President Trump did nothing in the Middle East.
- Every day of the conflict, Iran urged Hamas to kill more Israelis. Incredibly, the Biden Administration remained at the negotiating table trying to cut a deal to give Iran billions of dollars.
Meanwhile, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu welcomed an end to the fighting, but he warned that any future aggression from Hamas would be met with "a new level of force."
Unfortunately, the violence wasn't contained to the Middle East. Throughout the course of this conflict, anti-Semitism has surged in Europe and here in the United States.
- Jewish diners were attacked in Los Angeles.
- An Orthodox Jewish man walking to his synagogue in Los Angeles was chased by two cars with Palestinian flags. The Jewish man was convinced his life was in danger as the people in the cars were chanting, "Allahu akbar!"
- A Jewish man was attacked in broad daylight yesterday in Manhattan by a gang of seven masked pro-Palestinian thugs.
- High-powered commercial fireworks were thrown at Jews in New York City's Diamond District.
- Meanwhile, CNN, the Washington Post and New York Times have given virtually no coverage to this sudden outburst of vile anti-Semitism.
It's no coincidence that these disgusting attacks have spiked in the past two weeks as so-called "progressive" leaders have engaged in raw lies about Israel.
They have accused Israel of intentionally targeting civilians. That's a lie. It's Hamas that does that.
They accused Israel of starting the conflict. That's a lie. Hamas started the conflict.
They have smeared Israel as an apartheid state. That's a lie. Israel is the most diverse state in the Middle East.
To be clear, when a Jew is attacked in America, that's not an anti-Israel statement. That's an anti-Semitic attack. I happen to agree with Israel's foreign policy. But whether you agree or disagree with Israeli policies, you have no right to physically harm a Jew.
I urge Christian pastors during this critical time to reach out to your local synagogue. Let them know that you are speaking out against anti-Semitism and praying for the peace of Jerusalem.
There is some drift among certain elements of Christianity regarding support for Israel, particularly among those who don't view the Bible as the inspired word of God. Some of these "Christians" insist that Jerusalem must be given "back" to the Palestinians. They're deeply misguided and dangerously wrong.
Jerusalem was the capital of the Israeli people when Washington, D.C., and London were still swamps. Islam did not exist until 600 years after the death of Jesus. Some Palestinian leaders argue that Jews were never in Jerusalem, that the Western Wall is not part of a synagogue, that Jews have no historical claim to David's City.
Well, if Jews were never in Jerusalem, then the entire Christian Bible is a lie. So for Islamic supremacists, the effort to erase Jewish history from Jerusalem has the added benefit of erasing Christianity from the Holy Land too.
Biden's Race Baiting
Yesterday, Joe Biden signed into law new legislation cracking down on hate crimes against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders. Of course, I condemn all crimes, including those motivated by ethnic, racial or religious hate. Liberals rammed through this legislation claiming that hate crimes against Asian Americans spiked in the past year because Donald Trump referred to the coronavirus as the "China virus."
But it is a "Chinese virus." There is a well-established history of referring to a virus by its place of origin, just like we refer to COVID variants by their places of origin, like the "British variant" and the "Brazilian variant" and the "Indian variant." COVID-19's origin was communist China.
Biden mentioned two heinous attacks at the event yesterday – the deaths of Heather Heyer, who was killed during the 2017 riot in Charlottesville, Virginia, and Khalid Jabara, a Christian Lebanese immigrant who was killed in 2016.
Neither victim was Asian or a Pacific Islander. So why did he cite these crimes? Well, in both cases the murderer was a white man, charged with a hate crime and labeled a white supremacist.
In other words, Biden was continuing to fuel the left's narrative that all hate in America stems from white men. That narrative is obviously false, and obviously racist.
And kudos to Will Cain for exposing the truth. Cain dug into the research on anti-Asian American hate crimes and he discovered that they predominately occur in three major cities – New York City, Los Angeles and San Francisco – not exactly "MAGA country."
Moreover, Cain found that statistics from the NYPD show that "over 90% of the perpetrators of anti-Asian hate crimes in New York City were black or Latino." If you're a leftist trying to demonize Trump and his supporters, you can't use those stats.
Sadly, there's a history of such attacks that goes back many years. (Here and here.) That's not Donald Trump's fault. Nor is it evidence of America's "systemic racism." It is evidence of sin that has no skin color.
The race baiting by this administration must end. It's time for conservatives to get over their nervousness on racial issues and proudly defend Reverend King's legacy of a truly colorblind society.
Back To The Future?
If the 2024 presidential election were held today, Donald Trump would be on his way back to the White House. According to a new poll:
- 73% of Republicans want Donald Trump to run again.
- In a potential GOP primary, Trump leads with 57%, followed by Mike Pence (10%), Ron DeSantis (8%), Nikki Haley (5%) and Liz Cheney (1%).
- In a hypothetical 2024 race against Kamala Harris, Trump leads 49% to 45%.
- Tennessee Governor Bill Lee signed legislation protecting children from so-called "gender-confirming" medical procedures.
- Texas Governor Greg Abbott signed legislation protecting unborn babies from abortion after detection of a heartbeat.
- Republican state attorneys general are demanding that Biden reinstate the Keystone XL Pipeline, and shut down programs that teach biased critical race theory in our schools.
- The Utah legislature passed a resolution condemning the teaching of critical race theory.
- The Supreme Court ruled 9-to-0 against the Biden Administration that police must have a warrant to search a home and seize lawfully-owned firearms. This is a critical victory for the Second and Fourth Amendments.
- Pennsylvania voters rolled back the governor's power to issue emergency declarations after repeated abuses during the pandemic that severely impacted the state's economy and the 2020 elections.
- A federal judge suspended a COVID relief program because the Biden Administration was discriminating on the basis of race and sex, specifically against white applicants.
- House Republicans are demanding that the Space Force reinstate Lt. Col. Matthew Lohmeier, who was fired for exposing Marxist critical race theory in the military.