As you may know, I recently published an opinion piece entitled, "What Conservatives Are For." (If you missed it, you can read it here.) I wrote the column in response to Joe Biden's constant efforts to demonize and divide us.
We got a very positive response to that column. At the same time, many people expressed frustration that Washington doesn't seem to work for the common good anymore. Too few politicians proudly make the case for what they are for, while too many congressmen and senators just fight all the time and little gets done.
Well, the truth is that there are many issues that could bring large majorities of the American people together. But those issues aren't on the left's radical agenda.
Here are ten issues where most Americans find broad agreement. I call them "The American Values Agenda." Use this platform in discussions with friends and family members. Share it with local activists and officials in your community. Urge them to take action on issues that unite us around our shared values.
THE AMERICAN VALUES AGENDA
Defend Innocent Life
The American people do not support abortion on demand.
- 71% of Americans support restrictions on abortion.
- 80% believe abortions should be illegal after the second trimester.
- 58% oppose taxpayer subsidies for abortions.
Protect Religious Liberty
The American people strongly support the First Amendment right of religious liberty.
- 83% of Americans believe the freedom to express religious beliefs is essential.
- 71% of Americans believe religious organizations should be eligible for government funding.
- 60% of Americans believe that religious student groups should be able to choose leaders who follow the teachings of their faith.
Support Law Enforcement
Liberal policies on bail reform and efforts to defund the police have been disastrous.
- More than a dozen major cities hit all-time homicide records in 2021.
- 88% of Americans are concerned about violent crime.
- Only 16% of Americans support defunding the police.
Secure The Border
Border security and national sovereignty matter.
- 1.7 million illegal aliens crossed our borders in 2021.
- 76% of Americans want secure borders, while only 24% support open borders.
- Only 20% support "sanctuary city policies."
- 79% support an immigration system based on merit (a person's skills and education) rather than family status.
- 73% of Americans support making English our official language.
Ensure Election Integrity
The American people overwhelmingly support commonsense election integrity measures.
- 88% of Americans support laws removing dead people from the voter rolls.
- 85% support voter ID laws.
- 82% support laws requiring ballots to be received by Election Day in order to be counted.
- 70% of voters oppose private organizations (the Zuckerberg foundation) influencing official elections offices.
Offer Educational Choice
Approximately 70% of parents support school choice options.
- Support for school choice is highest among black (73%) and Hispanics (72%) parents .
- By a 20-point margin, 58% to 38%, Americans reject the teaching of critical race theory in the public schools.
Protect Girls Sports
Most Americans want to protect the hopes and dreams of their daughters.
- Only 28% of Americans support allowing biological males to compete against girls in female athletics because it is fundamentally unfair. It is a form of cheating, causing young girls to lose college scholarships to boys.
Pass Term Limits
Americans are increasingly frustrated with "politics as usual," and they want reforms to ensure accountability.
- 82% of Americans support term limits for members of Congress.
- 70% of Americans support term limits for federal judges, including Supreme Court justices.
Hold China Accountable
The American people understand that communist China is not just a trading partner, but an enemy of freedom.
- 76% of Americans believe it is important to contain communist China's global ambitions.
- 75% of Americans believe trade should be influenced by national security and human rights concerns.
- 72% of Americans believe China lied about the origins of COVID, and 76% want China to pay reparations.
Stand With Israel
The American people understand that Israel is a beacon of liberty in the Middle East that shares common values with the United States.
- 75% of Americans believe we should maintain a strong alliance with Israel.
- 75% of Americans have a favorable view of Israel.
- 56% of Americans support providing Israel with military aid.