Biden's Gift To China
Joe Biden unveiled his climate change agenda yesterday, which is heavily influenced by AOC's radical Green New Deal. But Biden's climate plan could easily be called the "Make China Great Again" plan. I'm not kidding.
Biden wants to reduce carbon emissions to 50% of 2005 levels by 2030. While the U.S. is making tremendous progress reducing emissions, Biden's radical goal is virtually impossible to meet. As the Wall Street Journal notes:
"Amid last year's Covid-19 lockdowns, greenhouse gas emissions fell to about 21% below 2005 levels. In other words, even with the economy shut down and a large share of the population stuck at home, the U.S. was less than halfway to Mr. Biden's goal."
How much more are you willing to give up for the sake of the left's climate claims?
While Biden plans to shut down our coal industry and who knows what else, the rest of the world isn't quite so willing to go along. Sen. Joe Manchin noted, "There's 667 coal-fired plants being constructed as we speak today around the world — zero in the U.S. and 667 in the world."
Much of that coal construction is taking place in communist China. According to one report, "China built more than three times as much new coal power capacity as all the other countries in the world combined last year." China is building more than one new coal plant every week.
Communist China is the biggest threat to Mother Nature on the planet. It is more than canceling out everything that Joe Biden and John Kerry will inflict on the American people over the next ten years.
White House officials seem disappointed at communist China's attitude. I get the feeling that some progressives seem to think, "Sure, China is running genocidal camps trying to wipe out an entire ethnic group, but as long as they are carbon neutral it's okay."
In other words, it seems the Biden White House is more upset with China's environmental policies than its human rights abuses!
Still Not Happy
A group of climate extremists weren't happy that Biden and Kerry weren't destroying the U.S. economy fast enough. So, they dumped piles of cow manure in front of the White House in protest.
When this was happening, no one knew for sure what they were dumping. What if it had been laced with something toxic? This could have been a dangerous event yesterday.
But what if a group of conservatives drove a truck near the White House and started dumping an unknown substance to protest ongoing violations of our civil liberties?
I have no doubt that before the week was over, there would be FBI raids at the homes of these activists. There would be editorials declaring that the right-wing, which assaulted the Capitol, is now assaulting the White House.
Tech giants would be volunteering to turn over anyone on social media who supported this "assault." Big Banks would be turning over their financial information. Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer would be condemning this act of extremism, and the Pentagon would be drumming out of the military anyone who supported the protest.
The Enemy Of The People
My 10 year-old grandson recently started a newspaper at his Christian school. He's a patriotic, America-loving, God-loving little boy. Maybe he will become a journalist. Unfortunately, that's at least 12 years away. And I don't believe either journalism or America have another 12 years to spare.
I've interacted with the media for 40 years. There were always some unprofessional reporters. Many showed their ideological bias. But what is happening now is entirely different.
American journalism has turned into propaganda. And that propaganda is aimed at creating hate for our country and hate for law enforcement. That's why Donald Trump referred to the media as "the enemy of the people." Our media are not informing. They are indoctrinating with propaganda.
As we reported yesterday, a police officer in Columbus, Ohio, tragically had to shoot a black teen-aged girl, armed with a knife, to prevent her from killing another black teen-aged girl.
Nearly every major media outlet buried the central fact that a girl with a knife was attacking another girl. All the media focused on was race -- that a white cop shot a black girl.
But NBC News was the worst. They deliberately edited the 911 call and the police body camera video so that no one would know that the girl who was shot was armed with a knife.
That's not journalism. That's not even biased journalism. That's vicious leftist propaganda meant to foment unrest and racial division in America.
Mollie Hemingway said the media are creating one hoax after another meant to destroy every facet of American conservatism. She's right. We had the Russia hoax. We had the Kavanaugh hoax. Now we've got the racist police hoax.
Thankfully, there is a silver lining. Nearly two-thirds of Americans are worried that constant criticism of the police will undermine public safety. They're right to be worried. But they must channel that concern into opposition to the progressive agenda and its anti-police policies.
It seems many leftists have been competing with one another to demonstrate their utter lack of knowledge about policing.
One Columbus city councilmember said things would have turned out differently if only there had been a social worker on the scene.
MSNBC's Joy Reid suggested that the police officer should have tried to break up the knife fight.
One reporter wanted to know why the officer didn't just shoot the attacker in the leg.
The men and women on the Thin Blue Line have a thankless job. But I know you are very grateful for what they do.
Carol and I will often thank police officers whenever we see them. I urge you to do the same. Ask your pastor to pray during a service for the men and women in uniform who are working to keep us safe while we are sleeping.
Other Headlines In The News
· Arizona Governor Doug Ducey declared a state of emergency along the Arizona-Mexico border and ordered the deployment of Arizona National Guard troops to the border.
· Texas is suing the Biden Administration for creating a massive public health crisis on the southern border.
· Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed anti-rioting legislation into law. The law increases penalties for assaulting police officers, holds rioters in jail until after their first court date (no quick releases putting rioters back on the streets), and makes it harder for cities to "defund the police."
· Montana Governor Greg Gianforte signed election integrity legislation into law.
· Rep. Burgess Owens (R-UT) blasted the left's false "Jim Crow" narrative about Georgia's new election integrity law.
· By a 12-point margin, more Americans are less likely to buy Coke products since the company announced its opposition to Georgia's election integrity law.
· The Arizona Democrat Party filed a last-minute lawsuit to stop a forensic audit of ballots in Maricopa County. After months of insisting that there is zero evidence of any irregularities in the 2020 election, why are they fighting so hard to prevent an investigation that could confirm it?
· Planned Parenthood finally admitted that its founder, Margaret Sanger, was a racist. But the real problem is that Planned Parenthood still destroys about 250 innocent black babies every day. The pro-life movement truly believes that black lives matter!